Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Santa Cruz Deck Story...

Between my summer break of junior and senior year in high school, I had the honor of moving to Santa Cruz for the summer. The house I stayed in was located at the top of Pacific Ave. NOW, for those of you who don't know, Pacific Ave. is like the Hollywood Blvd. of Santa Cruz. It was a classic victorian house atop a hill a block away from the beach, and even though 4 people were on the lease we had about 10-15 people living there all packed in. I was the youngest and was invited by a friend to come up for their last couple months in the house. I took the greyhound up the friday school ended, first time on a bus, and at about 7 a.m. rang the doorbell to his suprise... Everyday was a new journey somewhere, to the fun spot skate park, the beach boardwalk, pro surfers stopping by, fresh greens all day,  all my 21+ roomies buying me brew, glass blowing, runs to San Fran., nightly gatherings, ect... probably one of the funnest time of my life. So anyway this skate deck here was a souvenir I came back with and it might be the only thing I have to look back on from there on the daily. Im blogging it because I recently decided to bust it out, leave the past behind by gripping it up at my local skateshop Banned, and hit the skatepark wid' it. 
Damm with a fresh story like that my snowboard don't seem so cool... Here is just a random shot from Big Bear Mtn. days, my Lib_Tech & 32 boots strapped, just chillin at the office...

No comments: